The Catholic University of America

Changing Majors

If you decide to change your major, you must obtain a new I-20 or DS-2019 from International Student and Scholar Services (keep in mind that your I-20 or DS-2019 must accuratley reflect your situation here at CUA). The new major must be reflected on your immigration document within 21 days of the effective date of the change. Please bring the following to ISSS:

  • documentation from your Academic Department that indicates that your request to change your major has been approved (for example a copy of a signed Change of Major Form). ISSS will then issue you a new I-20 or DS-2019 reflecting your new major.