Living in the U.S.
Establishing life in the U.S. can be daunting. There is always so much to do and to know. These pages are intended to provide basic information needed to settle into life in the U.S.
Finding a place to live and Settling into the community
- Looking for a place to live (Click here for some house hunting tips)
- Tenants Rights District of Columbia
- Tenants Rights Virginia
- Tenants Rights Maryland
- Other Gyms near CUA
Things to know about personal finances
- Getting a Social Security Number
- Opening a bank account
- Establishing credit in the U.S.
- Tax filing obligations
Adjusting to life in the U.S.
- Cultural Adjustment
- Safety and U.S. laws
- U.S. laws
- Health issues
Getting around the Washington, D.C. area
- Driver's License
- Car Rentals (page not yet active)
- Metrorail and Metrobus
Entertaining Friends and Family
- Inviting relatives to visit
- Sightseeing in Washington, D.C.
- Hotels near CUA
Leaving the U.S. or D.C. area
- Predeparture Checklist (being developed)